Stop Press: Apparently Prof Cox is aware of the drinking game. So by not participating, not only will you be letting yourself down, you’ll be letting him down too. Do it. You know it makes sense.
Take 1 finger of drink when Prof Cox says:
- “1st law of thermodynamics“
- “Chandrasekhar limit“
- When ever Brian shouts at us from a moving vehicle. (Double for a flying vehicle – h/t @Markgfh)
- Whenever you see time lapse footage of the sky or clouds (like this) – h/t @MrMMarsh
Take 2 fingers of drink for:
- “2nd law of thermodynamics“
- Any use of props (like salt and pepper shakers) or drawing in the sand with a stick (ht Rob and @carolwhead)
Take 3 fingers of drink for:
- “3rd law of thermodynamics“
- “Scientific explanation”
Finish your drink whenever you see Brian in silhouette up a mountain somewhere.
* The more conservative ethanol-enthusiasts out there may like to take advantage of a modification suggested in the comments by @Nullifidian whereby each mention of million/billion/trillion in a row be counted as a single occurrence – eg “one billion billion billion billionth” would count as 2 fingers of drink, not 8. Either way, you can blame @Kashfarooq for the original rule.
Tip o’the hat to @fibularis and @imascientist for other ideas.
Add more below and I’ll add them to the list…