Taken from here
A few quack websites (e.g. such as the one discussed here) have lept on the terrible events surrounding the earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Japan to make a fast buck off the backs of scared and vulnerable people.
This one is no better than the others, but it couches and prefaces the descent to batshittery with some sensible advice about emergency planning and what have you.
See if you can spot the odd one out in this list:
Having a preparedness plan should put in place now, not when you need to go to the store and purchase goods that the rest of the population is wanting also. Stores will sell out within hours in an emergency. Things to have on hand are;
- Bottled water and food for at least one week, preferably longer.
- A camp stove and fuel to cook with.
- Flashlights and extra batteries
- Portable radio that is battery or crank operated
- Access to a computer if possible.
- Thin plastic sheeting, staple gun and duct tape to seal windows and doors
- Extra fuel in case you need to leave
- Dust masks and protective painters coveralls.
- Potassium Iodide or Potassium iodate tablets
- Homeopathic remedies stored in a lead lined film bag with information on how to use them.
- Personal documents in a handy place and organized
- A family plan that everyone knows – where to meet, who to call. etc.
Did you spot it?
- Cadmium Metallicum – For stomach cancer. Violent vomiting, loss of appetite and emaciation. Bright red bloody diarrhea. Blood changes, anemia, problems in the intestinal tract. Fatigue and lassitude like in influenza. Dull ache all over. Concentration difficult. Fear of Cancer. Indifference, does not want to see people anymore. Irritability alternating with deep depression.
- Cadmium Sulphuricum – Similar to Arsenicum Album. Cancer of the stomach. Persistent vomiting. Black vomit. Chief complaints are the stomach and breathing. Chilliness and cold even next to the fire. Restless. Gray complexion. Nause, retching with burning and cutting pains. Worse from motion.
- Cadmium Iodatum – Very similar to Cad Met but warmer. The Iodine component brings aggravation from heat or extreme cold. A distinctive mental trait is hatred and a high degree of self pity.
- Fluoric Acid – Affects the bones. Necrosis and bone decay. Deep acting in slow, progressive, destructive effects. Wants open air.
- Phosphorus – Affects mucous membranes, destroys bone, disorganizes blood and inflames nerves. Hemorrhages. Desires cold drinks. Suddenness of symptoms. Excitable and impressionable. Wants sympathy. Great fear creeping out of every corner. The human barometer. Profundly effects the nutrition and function of every tissue. Chronic effects of radiation exposure.
- Radium Bromatum – Effects nerves skin. Radiation burns. Destroys the nucleus of the cell. Severe aching all over. Pains suddenly shift, electric like pains. Joint pain and gout. Fear to be alone, wants company. Apprehensive, depressed. Cancer.
- Strontium Carbonicum – Effects the bones. Shock after surgery or loss of blood. Pains fleeting, can hardly tell where they have come from, felt in the marrow of the bones. Pains appear and disappear gradually also. Violent involuntary starts. Burning, gnawing pains. Great prostration. Anguish as from guilt. Angry, tendency to fly into a rage. Depression.
- X-Ray – Low vitality, chonic fatigue and sick feeling. Cancer. Skin burns and lesions. Affects the blood, lymphatics and bone marrow. Anemia, leukemia. Sadness. Aversion to company.
- ASA swamped with complaints re: Homeopathy. (xtaldave.wordpress.com)
- Diluting nuclear homepathy (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
- Everybody’s favorite homeopath is back, and I’m not… (scienceblogs.com)