This is an updated of the original, “popular-yet-disasterous” Wonders of the Universe drinking game…
Take 1 finger of drink when Prof Cox says:
- Any reference to British weather being crap for Astronomy.
- “Chandrasekhar limit“
- When ever Brian shouts at us from a moving vehicle. (Double for a flying vehicle – h/t @Markgfh)
- Whenever you see time lapse footage of the sky or clouds (like this) – h/t @MrMMarsh
- Brian Cox points meaningfully at anything
- Any failure to operate overly complicated set (massive touch screens, etc)
Take 2 fingers of drink for:
- Any mention of the Large Hadron Collider.
- Any use of props (like salt and pepper shakers) or drawing in the sand with a stick (ht Rob and @carolwhead)
- Any snark levelled at homeopaths, astrologers, moon-landing deniers, etc
- “Black Hole”
- “Heat Death“
Take 3 fingers of drink for:
Finish your drink whenever you see Brian in silhouette up a mountain somewhere.
* The more conservative ethanol-enthusiasts out there may like to take advantage of a modification suggested in the comments by @Nullifidian whereby each mention of million/billion/trillion in a row be counted as a single occurrence – eg “one billion billion billion billionth” would count as 2 fingers of drink, not 8.
Tip o’the hat to @fibularis , @imascientist & @KashFarooq for other (original) ideas.
Add more below and I’ll add them to the list…